Performance marketing is a digital marketing strategy where advertisers pay marketing companies whenever results are achieved. These results may include clicks, conversions, sales, shares, impressions, downloads, and many more.
Performance marketing is focused on driving actions, tracking these actions, and attributing ROI to each of these assets. What’s great about this is that you only pay when a particular action is completed.
Table of Contents
- What is a Performance Marketing Platform?
- Best Performance Marketing Platforms
- How to build your Performance Marketing Strategy?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quick Recap
What is a Performance Marketing Platform?
For performance marketing to work well, you’ll need two basic parties to be involved. These are advertisers or marketers and affiliates or publishers.
Advertisers are businesses or brands that want to promote their products or services. Affiliates or publishers are those who promote these products or services on their platforms. These may include websites, blogs, social media platforms, and many more.
Affiliates or publishers only get paid depending on the results they get from their efforts. A performance marketing platform can make this process smoother and more organized. Most platforms have built-in analytics and tracking tools that help you keep track of progress and results.
- Brand Performance Marketing: How Does Branding Work with Performance Marketing?
- 5+ Best Performance Marketing Case Studies Needs Research From Brands
Best Performance Marketing Platforms
Performance marketing can be quite tricky if you do it on your own, especially if you’re just starting. To help you navigate your way around and keep tabs on all of the developments in your campaign, you need a performance marketing platform. These tools will help you monitor, manage, and elevate your performance marketing strategy.
Fintel Connect is comprised of seasoned veterans in the performance marketing niche. Their mission is to help consumers get access to the best financial products and services that they need. They prioritize safety, information, and transparency when working with clients.
Fintel Performance is their tool for managing your performance marketing partnerships. It is an influencer affiliate platform that focuses on the finance industry. It is comprised of tailored tools that will help you make the most out of your budget while hitting your goals and objectives.
Fintel Performance also values your security. That’s why with its anonymized tracking, you can rest easy knowing that your database is well protected.
This is a great option if you’re working in the finance industry because it comes with an extensive database of potential partners for you! It has a specially curated network of finance-focused influencers, publishers, and apps that you can work with in achieving your goals. You can even segregate these partners by geo, demo, and tactical offerings!
- Comprehensive reporting – You’ll be able to monitor important metrics like conversion rate and total clicks. With this information, you can redirect your funds to strategies and efforts that work well for you.
- Content management system – Having an easy and organized coordination system is extremely important if you’re working with affiliates. A content management system will come in very handy in keeping content organized, up-to-date, and well-coordinated with affiliates.
- Compliance and monitoring tools – You must know where your brand gets promoted so compliance and monitoring tools are very useful in tracking this.
- Flexible customer support – You can contact customer support through email or your mobile phone. This makes it easier to find help when you need it.
TUNE was founded in 2009 and is one of the first cloud-based SaaS platforms to support affiliate marketing. Today, TUNE delivers a technology-first solution for these businesses that want to work with multiple partners in the marketing industry. The ultimate goal is to build the world’s best platform for advertisers and networks.
The team behind TUNE aims to support the growth of every performance marketing partnership that marketers want to manage. They do this through constant innovation and development.
TUNE’s partner marketing platform is designed to support the needs of businesses and make it easier for them to work with other partners.
This is why TUNE is one of the industry’s most flexible SaaS platforms for managing marketing partnerships. With just one platform, you’ll be able to manage everything from onboarding partners all the way to payout.
- Fully customizable – TUNE is a fully customizable SaaS platform. You can choose which set of tools will be best to use for your needs for managing your performance marketing campaign.
- Personalization – You can personalize dashboards, interfaces, saved reports, and more so you can make things easier for your workflow while staying on brand.
- Advanced automation – This helps you automate simple tasks and make your workflow much more efficient. It also helps in minimizing risks and mistakes in repetitive tasks.
- Customer support – You have a professional services team to help support you in creating custom solutions, technical consultations, and many more.
Impact is comprised of a small group of passionate individuals that aim to create waves in the industry. They aim to deliver products and services that are no less than excellent.
To back up this claim, they have won multiple awards in the industry like The Drum Awards, Inc Awards, and many more! They were even featured in Business Insider and included in the top 9 list of affiliate marketing platforms in 2022.
Their aim is to help your business grow. This is why to help you, they take time in understanding your business and the problems you face. They want to help you find and create better and more efficient solutions.
Impact is a great option if you’re looking to target only one form of performance marketing. They have platforms that are specific to influencer marketing and affiliate marketing.
- Find the right influencers – Impact comes with a global opt-in network to help you find the right influencer for your campaign. You can then use this data to hyper-target your recruiting efforts so you can launch your campaigns fast.
- Store information centrally – With the use of a purpose-built influencer relationship management system, you get to manage your creator relationships better. You can use customized fields to track your campaign and other partner information that is useful for you.
- Performance tracking – Track all relevant metrics and key performance indicators of your partner influencers. You can summarize this data and create a report to share the data you’ve gathered.
- Flexible cross-device solutions – You can track and analyze your data through different devices like PCs, mobile phones, and tablets.
ClickMeter was founded in 2012 as a byproduct of a web-marketing agency. Precisely counting and tracking the web-marketing options of customers was the initial use of this web tool.
This system evolved quickly and now, it’s one of the most widely used software solutions within the company. After being developed for a few more years, the company decided that it was time to go public and offer this service to others.
ClickMeter aims to help marketers manage their marketing links well and maximize their conversion rates. With a single virtual platform, you gain access to a wide array of tools that you can use to monitor, compare, and optimize your links.
- Ease of use – ClickMeter made sure to create a system that is easy to navigate, even for beginners. To set up, you only need 5 minutes because there are no codes to write and easy-to-follow instructions are provided.
- Reliable and accurate – The platform offers a 99.99% uptime with public stats. This is because they are hosted on Amazon AWS servers.
- Realtime data – If you’re in a rush and you need reports quickly, real-time data is readily available for you. You can create reports of relevant metrics within seconds.
- Split test optimizer – You can conduct A/B testing with multiple destination URLs. This way, you can identify which strategy will be the best to use.
AnyTrack aims to provide a conversion tracking platform that helps marketers seamlessly integrate with any type of marketing flow, tools, and networks. This allows you to optimize advanced campaigns with specialized tools, improve your ROI, and confidently scale your business.
AnyTrack was developed with a “user-behavior-centric” approach. This means that it adapts to your workflow instead of you adapting to it. Once you’ve added the AnyTrack TAG to your site, it will automatically sync its conversion and audience data with your Google Analytics and Facebook Conversion API.
- Tracking – You’ll be able to track all the important metrics of every step of the sales funnel. You can even keep track of different domains, affiliate networks, or offline conversions. You can also track the entire customer journey across different domains and ad platforms.
- Engagement – You can easily track all of the engagements that you have with significant partners in your campaign. You can also track the sales generated on and off of your blog whether this is made through affiliate networks or through your own info products or partners.
- Data – Your data is extremely important in assessing your performance marketing strategy. That’s why with this platform, you can track every data point that is triggered by your leads and customers.
- Offline conversions – Tracking conversions offline is no problem with AnyTrack. Easily track all of the conversions on your sales funnel, whether online or offline.
How to Build Your Performance Marketing Strategy?
Knowing about performance marketing is one thing, but knowing how to utilize it properly and effectively is another. That’s why we’ll be discussing these basic steps in creating an effective performance marketing strategy. It will help you increase your chances of success in your campaign.
- Identify and Establish Your Campaign Goals
At the very start, it’s important to identify where you want your campaign to go and what you want to accomplish with your efforts. This will help guide you in planning what steps you need to take in order to achieve your goal. It will also show you what resources and manpower you’ll need to accomplish your goals.
- Do Your Research
You need to know who your audience is and what is the best way to deliver your message to them. You need to understand what makes them tick, how they consume media, and how to make it easier for them to receive your message.
In this stage, you can also start researching which partners will be effective in your campaign. Will influencers be the best option in helping you spread the word? How about bloggers? Identifying who would be the best partner for the job is crucial to the success of your performance marketing strategy.
- Select the Right Channels for Your Campaign
Knowing where to promote your message is an important part of your plan. There’s a big possibility that you may not succeed if you’re not promoting in the right place. This is why identifying which channels would be most suitable for your campaign is important.
There are various channels that you can promote when it comes to performance marketing. There are social media, blogs, banner ads, native advertising, search engine marketing, and many more. Go ahead and identify which would suit your needs best.
- Create and then Launch Your Campaign
Once you have all the pieces, it’s time to create your campaign. A good way to benchmark how to create a successful campaign is to check out what your competitors are doing.
If you study what they’re doing right, you can think of new ways to stand out in the market. On top of that, you will also be able to identify their weaknesses and make sure that doesn’t apply to your campaign.
But make sure that you don’t copy what your competitors are doing because that won’t look good to your target audience. Being authentic and original is still the best way to appeal to your target audience.
- Track and Monitor Your KPIs
Performance marketing can be quite challenging especially when you’re starting out. It takes a lot of trial and error to find the right blend of partners and strategies to be successful. This is why it’s important to monitor important metrics like key performance indicators or KPIs.
Identifying which strategies work best through tracking these metrics will help you improve over time and understand what works for your brand.
- Evaluate and Optimize Your Performance Marketing Campaigns
Once you’ve gathered the data from your past campaigns, you can now curate better campaigns that will yield better results. This is why it’s imperative that you gather data during your campaigns so you can learn from that and make better decisions moving forward.
You also need to take into consideration trends and developments in the industry. Some strategies may work well today but they may not perform just as well in a year. Make sure to keep yourself updated and keep learning from past campaigns.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should you get a performance marketing platform?
A performance marketing platform will help you manage all the details you need to keep track of when working with partners. It helps you stay organized despite the tons of data and information you're handling. It will also help you stay efficient while managing all these people.
2. Is affiliate marketing the same as performance marketing?
Affiliate marketing is the process where affiliates earn a commission for marketing a brand's product or services. Performance marketing focuses more on improving the overall performance of the company. Performance marketing is an umbrella term to which affiliate marketing belongs.
3. Should I start implementing a performance marketing strategy?
Performance marketing has the potential to boost your business and help it scale to newer heights. It will help you build brand awareness and get to know more people in your industry. It's a low-cost strategy considering that compensation is only made after a completed task.
Performance marketing can be an extremely valuable digital marketing strategy for your brand. You will only have to pay marketing companies whenever the results you lay out for them are achieved. You determine what these results are depending on the needs of your brand. They can be clicks, conversions, sales, downloads, shares, and many more.
Managing a performance marketing strategy can be quite complicated because you’ll be working with a lot of people. That’s why it’s highly suggested that you use a performance marketing platform to help you manage your performance marketing strategy. It will help you stay on top of all your tasks and organize all the data you need to track.